Tuckerman Ravine NH : June 4, 2011 – Hard Core Only!!!

Patrick

It's quiet here. Another partial crossover.

Who skis in June in the East?

Weather forecast was looked at and emails were sent. The destination was clear, but the date, location and partners wasn’t. The weather window seemed to initially say that Friday was the day with a higher chance of rain on the weekend. A famous internet skier had a green light for Otto on Friday.

As it happens often, weather changes and snow was now the forecast on Thursday for the summit of Mount Washington with cool temps and high winds for Friday. Saturday forecast was sunny and 44F. The source mentioned that Sluice would be perfect with that forecast. A ripping chick was still thinking of hitting skinny Airplane as she did on that Tuesday while the snowway was saying Tuckerman. Two options with willing partners. Weighting the options, although Airplane is fun to ski and I finally opted for Tuckerman as the snowpack via the Otto was pretty thin this June and was concern about it being frozen.

Here are a few random pictures from that TR:

Click the link to read and see more.
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011/06/ ... core-only/
:ski:

Admin":3m2ui3dd said:
Nicely done, Patrick.

Thanks. It might only be day 51 with only 3 runs with a total 286 vertical on snow, but it was a fun day. Much fun than anonymous winter days yoying at Edelweiss. The only thing that was worst than Edelweiss were the black flies.

I do recall making a comment once about bugs being an eastern hazard. Nonetheless probably a more enjoyable day overall than mine on San Gorgonio. As evidenced perhaps by Patrick having quite a bit of company.

Not sure what the normal meltdown pattern is, but July strikes me as being desperation time if that's what's left on June 4.

Tony Crocker":1frczqpw said:
Not sure what the normal meltdown pattern is, but July strikes me as being desperation time if that's what's left on June 4.
July is always desperation time, regardless. But given what I saw up there, I think this coming July 4th will be about on par or perhaps better than my previous July outings.

Back