Killington opens this weekend (edit: Sunday River, too)

The construction of the Peak Walkway has virtually no other purpose than easing access to/from the upper mountain via the K-1 gondola, presuming that red tape makes lift connection up there too onerous. I believe the lodge at Killington Peak is being upgraded, which would make it more attractive as a food/resting area when skiing is mostly or all confined to the upper mountain.

admin":1kabt537 said:
I find it notable that K-Mart has abandoned its "we won't open until we can offer a quality top-to-bottom product" philosophy of recent years that persisted even after the construction of the Peak Walkway.
Incorrect. The philosophy changed last year with the construction of the Peak Walkway, as noted in admin's News at the time. http://www.firsttracksonline.com/2010/1 ... illington/

Tom Horrocks and I had a conversation a few years back at a NASJA meeting about the early/late season issues at Killington. While he divulged nothing about future improvement plans, he did not disagree with my overall view that the K-1 should be utilized as a transport lift for early/late season skiing.

Nice to see Patrick has some options for this weekend. Particularly since:
...a storm moving up the East Coast was likely to mix with a cold-weather system and dump anywhere from a dusting to more than 10 inches of snow Saturday from the Mid-Atlantic to parts of New England.

Nothing happening out here. Mammoth October 7 was my only opportunity to ski this month without getting on an airplane. Mammoth just turned on its snowmaking this week in preparation for a scheduled November 11 opening.

Tony, in case you were unaware Tommy's no longer at Killington, he's now with SnoCountry.

admin":ttuqr3ky said:
Tony, in case you were unaware Tommy's no longer at Killington, he's now with SnoCountry.
He was there when I had the conversation at NASJA. I knew he wasn't there by this past spring as he was no longer the source of Killington snowfall data.

Back