cannon and loon conditions

hamdog

cannon 1/5/12
great snow conditions mountain wide for the majority of the day. temps low to mid 20's. it started to get skied off after noonish, but still very edgible all over the mountain and no need to hold back due to trail conditions except for obvious high traffic areas. we packed it up around 2:30. not fond of the ski racers whizzing by at 60mph while trying to carve at about 40mph. i almost got clipped within 5' of passing me. not cool. i think this has always been an issue, but whatever. smarten up and ski smart out there. tree's are not very forgiving. bottom line: you won't be disappointed

loon 1/6/12
good snow until about 11am. mid to high 20's. started to get ice exposed before noon. rode mainly north peak due to getting my speed fix. wide open, very quite on the trail. not bumped out yet. sped with caution. poached a few trails just because i wanted to change it up. it was dust on crust and i couldn't believe i poached for it, but it did change it up for me. speeding around groomers gets old real quick. rode over to the kanc quad around 1ish. completely washed out boiler plate. we checked out south mountain after lunch. pretty skied off and had to stay to the sides for decent short turns. took a couple laps and called it a day. extraordinarily expensive. 78 bucks for a day pass there now! bottom line: you will most likely be disappointed

any day on the snow is a good day. burn something for ullr!

HAMDOG!!!!!!

How have you been? I didn't have time to read (will later), I have a kid calling me.

good good good. just been working at building and growing a biz and hoarding cash. i think i got out about 6 days last year, but 4 of them were in ut. hoping to change that this year though. powder mtn is a nice little spot i checked out a couple times. hoping to do a trip back out to jackson and montana either mid feb or late feb into march. one or two weeks. it'll depend on what i can rake in over the next month. well, hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Back