Provo Peak, Utah Backcountry Should Be Nice.

jlglex99

There are no lifts to Provo Peak, only national forest trails, but the snow accumulation around there is excellent. I live in the shadow of Provo Peak, at about 4,500 feet. The peak itself is about 10 miles away at 10,000 feet. There is a huge, west facing bowl, marked on the south end by Provo Peak and on the north end by Cascade Mountain. Clouds come in from the west and get trapped in that bowl, where they dump rain and snow for days on end sometimes, as it is right now.
I want to hike up there with my skis and doing some virgin powder skiing.

I am looking for a safety-partner for this Turn-Earning adventure. I am on a budget and don’t want to pay lift passes or guide charges.

I am an expert skier, who learned from the best in Austria during my childhood. I have done lots of off piste skiing; and I have hiked the area by Provo Peak in the summer.

I’m ready to go, but would prefer to go with a partner for safety reasons. Are there any Turn-Earners out there in Utah, who might want to join me for such an adventure?

+1
And what we got isn't remotely like our usual fluffy powder - more like that paste you ate in kindergarten.

Back