Eldora, CO 12-24-13

EMSC

Day 3: In and out of the White Room.

I was sneaking in a few hours on the new boards and boots to acquaint myself to them all alone ahead of some bigger goals. Forecast was for afternoon 1-3" and I'd say it started much earlier than that with flurries already when I started ~9:15am and then getting heavier and heavier until we were in and out of the White Room with moderate winds also blowing at times. It felt cold, but with a quick inch at times the skiing was generally excellent.

Eldora had 4" Sunday night and at least 3" today during my 9:15a - 1:15p stint. so surfaces are getting better. They've even opened a couple of natural snow runs though they are thin and moderately bony. I started off on the front side finding Jolly Jug perfectly groomed packed powder and so hit it several times early before threading my way to the back side. First hitting IP lift (lower ambush) and then Corona for many, many laps in the heaviest part of the new snow. I even had to stop to warm up. I think I was one layer too light since I hadn't expected much snow or cold during the morning. Eventually it was time to leave so I headed back to the front side to find no line, but a steady stream of folks on the lift and Jolly Jug long since cut up into choppiness.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Back