Snowbird 1/8/2014

WWAD (What would Admin Do)?

Sick day......... #quityourjob #skibum #midweekpowder #faceshots #refills #steepndeep #gobigorgohome

Got up to Gadzoom parking lot around 935 (yes......sipping on coffee...laggin!) Nobody was coming up the hill..........beautiful.

Took Gadzoom up to Little Cloud. As I was riding up LC, I found out why they call it "little cloud..." -- visibility can be poor in a storm.

Skiied down but it was all white....about 4-5 inches on top of hard pack......not ideal. Skiied over to the lower Gad Chutes.....it was a little bit crusty underneath , however, there were some sick lines to be had....relatively deep in some spots. I was hootin'

Skiied over to Gad 2 where I ended up spending most of the day. A fair amount of stuff was closed, however, under the lift was sublime....and Tigers Tail was just too good....lots of untracked goodies. I certainly got my powder fix today. Pretty deep under the line.

One fun thing......I tried to ski under Gad 2 ........by going skiiers right vs skiiers left.......some kid from Wisconsin I met on the lift said he'd follow me......well...got to a really tight spot...and he went first ...and it might have been one of the gnarliest biffs on the rocks I have seen......as admin says "if you fall here, it's gonna leave a mark" ....ski safely out there folks............

The visibility was good until about 1 pm ........it was starting to puke. Lots of people were going home....but the snow kept getting deeper.

On some of the advanced groomers, it was 8 to 12 inches of new snow on top of these giant moguls.........(from the past two weeks of relatively poor snowfall)....hoping the next storm buries them alive........

All in all, a sick day. Skiied until 230 to the point of exhaustion.
Chains /4WD coming down the hill...the ole red snake showed up.............................sucked

Back tomorrow for refills........

Back