Snowbasin-1/12/14

Bobby Danger

DAY..34... ventured north today . strawberry was the only lift not open at the first bell in the morning . wasn't snowing when liz-tony- amyz and i boarded needles gondola , wind was of not much problem either at the base of the mountain . but at the top it was a different story . snowing a bit but the wind had the three new inches of at least 17% density snow blown into capeless hero snow impossible to make a bad turn on any aspect or pitch . skied down to porcupine chair for a lap there , snowing pretty intensely now and it's only getting plusher with every min. it snows more,the wind has turned on the auto groomer to wipe any early tracks from the hill.
IMG_0319.JPG
wasn't the wright kind of day for any real distance pictures .
IMG_0329.JPG
parking lots filled fairly quickly in the morning alot of traffic going into snowbasin when i arrived , at this point i thought we were in for a junk show- WRONG - 97% of the folks that were skiing were on groomers venturing very short distances from any groomer period. philpot ridge got skied up and so did most of moonshine bowl but after that it was free range time .
IMG_0323.JPG
skied john paul lift only ounce today skiing around the rest of the four thousand plus acres was fantastic .
IMG_0326.JPG
IMG_0321.JPG
snowbasin has good wall to wall cover but could use more snow at the base area , trees are still abit whippy blasting through them , but superb skiing EVERYWHERE else. looking foward to the next venture north .

Back