Eldora, CO 2-9-14

EMSC

Well the Epic Pass at Eldora = Sh!^ Show. Never seen so many cars trying to head to Eldora, though it did make sense since I70 was in even worse shape (see the Hitler skis Vail topic). Soon after we got there they parked people 3 miles away in Ned and shuttle bused them and then even that became overwhelmed and they turned people away. Ironically tons of folks skipped out around noon and tons of parking spaces opened up for those who waited it out till then.

After parking not quite 'legally' at 10am I did the usual 2 hrs with junior on the lower flats while wishing I was skiing up top. He's getting better each time and is beginning to make turns but still can't stop himself so still on a single leash much of the time for now. We take it off on the flattest parts to encourage him to ski independently. The new snow was a bit tougher for him too and he did actually pretty well, but also fell more than usual. Part of the process of learning, which in a few years he'll mostly forget about given his age.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Back