Eldora, CO 1-1-15

EMSC

Day 5: No more leash

Worked hard on his wedge even pushing him around in 'slippery' socks on the hardwood floor at home a couple of times over the past couple of weeks as a game and he is doing much better with it, though still some issues with getting his tips close together consistently (he's better at that on early runs and much less so on later ones so probably some muscle learning and tiredness issues. Either way he can mostly ski independently without too much worry from mom & dad. Chilly, but not cold today as a storm heads in from the south (likely means nothing for snowfall at Eldora from this one). All but two trails are now open: the somewhat notorious IP liftline and Placer Glade which are very steep and also very rocky. Snow cover looked surprisingly good on the 4 front side trails that are open on natural snow only.

Someday I'll get a chance to ski something other than the Bunny section (which is 4 lower mtn lifts at Eldora), but to be honest now that I have something basic to work with I'm focused on seeing how far he is willing to take his learning this year. Maybe onto blues by the season's latter stages? I've seen 5 year old's do fine over there before... It's up to him with a little bit of influence from me of course.

Web02.jpg

Web01.jpg

Back