Alta, UT 11/28/2015

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in the western US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Alta, UT 11/28/2015

Postby Admin » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:05 am

Day 8: Improving.

Bobby Danger, AmyZ and I didn't pull into the Wildcat lot until 11:30 a.m. It was another cold day with more of the same terrain.

Light snow flurries, however, made enough of a difference to keep us there until 4:15 p.m.

Light snow was falling steadily at the Collins Angle Station

We even got to ski a few runs with TRam and his mother. Aggie's Alley, currently accessible from only Wildcat, gets my nomination for the "Best Groomer of the Year Thus Far" award. Aside from one lonely snow gun it's entirely soft, carveable natural snow.

Stuck under the influence of this weak low pressure system, light snow continued overnight, even in the Valley where my home in Cottonwood Heights now has about a cold inch on the ground. But with a 4ºF temperature at Mid-Collins this morning, and the easterly flow expected to turn to a more favorable northwesterly flow this afternoon we're going to once again head up LCC later this morning.

Admin
Site Admin

Return to Western North America