Bachelor 12/17 Pounding

schubwa

We had a few days of pleasant weather and so I went XC skiing. I took Pancho to the Dog Park with classic stuff and yesterday we went back with skate skis and hit the park and Virginia Meissner. VM is a community nordic ski area at 5200' across from Wanoga Park where the dog facilities are located. I never once went to the Dog Park last season, no snow. I went to Meissner in early November to skate ski and then it got washed out for the whole season. All our snow was up at Bachelor.
Needless to say our fortune has changed so far this season. We logged another 15" of snow in the last 24 hours so our seasonal total is now 158", with 77" at mid-mountain. We've had a lot of dense snow this season so our coverage is outstanding. I rode Outback this morning and you can just charge, I haven't hit a rock yet this season! NWX and Summit will roll soon but we are just entering another major storm cycle. I have 14 days at Mt B and there's only about fifty guys that have more days according to Track Your Turns. We have gates that count each time you go through so you can keep track of your "turns", vertical, days, gender stats, etc. Kinda fun, some guys make it a job.

IMG_2476_zpsikeajhqq.jpg

Outback just before all the lifts shut down due to high winds.

Back