TSV 1/28

It's been fairly dry the last few days -- hasn't snowed in 3.......

LA to ABQ Wed night........3 hr drive to Taos.......... lodging in Arroyo Seco....

Got to the slopes at 9 am......about 20 degrees out in the morning -- the high today hit 40 degrees at midmountain.

This was my first day using the MC pass and first day ever. Although I won't be knee, thigh, or waist deep in pow on this trip, I've gotten a glance as to what this place is all about.

I can only think of one thing...the terrain is like Mt. Baldy on steroids.

Lots of chutes and steeps and a LOT of pine trees. Just completely reminds me of MB.

Skied mostly groomers today....with the exception of a Highline Ridge hike to start the day and a few Kachina Peak runs later on.

Surface was machine groomed packed pow that has warmed up a bit the last few days. Might have a touch of the freeze to it but nonetheless, fairly rippable. Not really a place for groomers by any means here.....but the sun sure did feel good (would you go to Baldy 4 days after a storm?)

Was fun to ride the Kachina Lift -- some incredible terrain. All bumped out.....but I can only imagine how sick some of these lines must be after a 1-2 ft dump.

I can definitely see the allure to this place -- all of the lifts are SLOW.....everything is quaint....some great facilities (including the Bavarian restaurant)........all of the bars are very cool (yes....they are far cooler than any bar I can think of in SLC (minus the Powder Keg).........

Tomorrow should be more of the same -- sunscreen and moguls. The Taos Wine Festival starts tomorrow and I aspire to drink mucho vino apres ski.

Peace, love, and green chile.

Attachments

• taos 1.jpg
    taos 1.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 4,017
  • taos 2.jpg
    taos 2.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 4,012
  • taos 3.jpg
    taos 3.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 4,018
  • taos 4.jpg