Park City, UT 2-25-16

EMSC

Warm!

Most years I join in on an annul guys trip that bounces from place to place. This year the choice was made for Park City as a base of operations. The group is of very mixed abilities, with a few that are there as much for the resort town food and drinking and vibe as much as the skiing. Although some of us are also there for the skiing.

In this case we all did PCMR for day #1 since it was a short bus ride from our VRBO townhouse. Only a couple of inches had fallen in recent days (weeks?) and the day warmed rapidly. By the end of the day 3 of the group were dealing with mild sunburn. It was definite spring skiing type of day even though it was still February.

We always take a couple of group runs before splitting up into sub-groups. hitting a couple of mid-mountain groomers before 3 of us split off to hit Jupiter Bowl which is of course the only thing worth skiing in PCMR really (just my opinion of course). We took several laps to lookers left of the lift in the morning. Eventually attempting to traverse across Jupiter peak to ski all the way into town. We ended up having to hike up about 20 vert to make it over the ridge into McConkeys bowl though. Snow was rapidly softening on most the groomers and lower altitude slopes while steep and shaded areas skied pretty well with soft snow and chalky snow depending on skier traffic.

After lunch in town where i peeled a layer off due to the warmth, the three of us went back up the lift system to Jupiter, this time hitting some nice terrain to lookers right of the lift for several laps. We skied till Jupiter lift closed before retreating to the base for drinks. I should look up my 'epic' stats to see how much vert that day was I suppose, but also sort of not interested. Crowds were decent sized as admin pointed out in his TR several days later, but nothing too significant.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00026.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Image00028.jpg

Image00012.jpg

Image00029.jpg

Back