Eldora, CO 3-19-16

EMSC

Very nice.

Unfortunately I came down ill Friday, but somehow managed to power through a half day at the hill after 42" in 5 days. We even got up early to try to not be last in the parking lot. Eldora is no longer the forgotten love child of ski resorts when it snows. By the time we got there at 8:45 (15 mins before opening), there was a huge crowd filling the lift maze and we ended up parking in the first row down by the beginner lifts. It hadn't helped that the canyon road was very icy and slow going.

The snow was fantastic for sure, but it was oddly mostly cloudy and cold. Mid-teens type temps making it one of my colder ski days of the year. Despite being under the weather and very tired, I did sneak into the woods at a couple of choice spots for ~18" of powder turns. Not a lot of that though. I wish I could have had the time and energy to hit my hidden stache's since the last several days of storms were without wind. A rare occurrence for Eldora. Being so cold yesterday, the snow should be fantastic again today, but I have too much else going on with a biz trip most of next week to boot.

We skied from 9a till just before 1p before heading home where I promptly slept on the sofa for 2 hours. Feeling better today but still very tired.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Back