Eldora, CO 3-28-16

EMSC

Warm but fun.

My company randomly assigned a floating holiday to today (vs say Good Friday or elsewhere in the year). So I went up to Eldora alone for a few hours. Snow was spectacularly wintry in the morning before making a very slow transition on most aspects and elevations to buttery. The most shaded spots and terrain stayed winter snow but a good chunk of the mtn was turning by the time I left at 2p.

Given the few people there on a non-powder Monday in late March I actually did a super G run down the well groomed Corona first thing. Not too often you get to ski pure corduroy on a main run like that with out being first lift. The snow today was fun enough and there were ~6" of semi-settled powder in my usual hidden spots. Not pure fluff since it hasn't snowed in 2 days, but only slightly denser from settling until a bit after noon when especially the last portion of vertical in my hidden runs began to turn to mank. I took a couple more laps on the main steeps runs after that before pulling the plug as heavy overcast began to make the light flat. I counted ~17.5K of vert.

No action pics at all today.

Image00020.jpg

Image00021.jpg

Image00022.jpg

Image00023.jpg

Image00024.jpg

Image00025.jpg

Eldora typically stays open till mid-April. This year they are closing a touch early on April 10th.

Back