Copper, CO 4/16&17/16

EMSC

15" of fresh. Still squalling. Enough said.

Pics later.

20160416_094941-1.jpg

Officially 6" more today (mostly overnight), but as much as 12" in select wind sheltered zones.

5th chair on super B this morning. Very sweet.

Front Range is maintaining its April reputation while most of the West has been cooking for the last few weeks.

coldsmoke":1t9v2gpz said:
Not sure about that, Big Sky had an excellent spring all the way up to closing day on Sunday. Sorry to post a marketing video, but it is pretty accurate on how the last month was: https://www.facebook.com/bigskyresort/v ... main_video

Looks quite good. That would put Big Sky as one of the few other places with a decent April so far. Talented videographer for that piece.

We're expecting a warm-up for a couple days starting Thurs, then smaller bouts, but much storminess for anywhere from one to two weeks long starting late this weekend.

I'll have to play it by ear. Wife is done with skiing and I had to return the season long rentals for Jr; so I have to burn a lot of spousal points for any more days this year. It would have to be for something good.

It is unfortunate not to be able to get running snow totals for Big Sky during the season. I do get Bridger but it closes first weekend of April. At any rate, those places seem to have microclimates independent from both regional areas and to some extent each other, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse.

Back