Alta 12/10

Hemmed and hawed for 2 hours this am looking at trip reports online. I'm from SoCal and when I hear the phase "Pineapple Express" - I somehow shut down and think of other things to do.........

Was 46 degrees in the valley when I got in my rental car. The line entering BCC was absurd. I was afraid for the LCC traffic. Luckily, it was manageable.

It hit 31 degrees at the Alta parking lot at 9:15. Winds were moderate (30 mph) and I picked up my Snowbird/Alta Mountain Collective plastic pass. On the lift by 945.

I lapped Spruces/Race Course (guessing these are the names) many times. Snow was very much like skiing Lake Tahoe -- heavy but rippable. Great coverage. Took multiple laps near Annie's / Watson Line. Not blower but definitely completely shreddable. Felt like hero snow at times. Really had some fun lines.

At noon headed over to Sugarloaf and skiied some lines west of Extrovert (keep traversing over). It was a blast. Pretty much completely untracked. I hit only one rock. The rest was just lap after lap. Alta delivering the goods.

At 2:15 pm I was absolutely done. First day of the season and I have 3 more days ahead. Should be quite good tomorrow as well and if they open up some of the closed areas (Backside/Ballroom) on M/Tuesday (I'm being hopeful), it should make for an epic December trip. Looked for the Alta PP but didn't see a soul. rdwore or danger or amy.........

jojo

Attachments

• alta 1.jpg
    alta 1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 4,038
  • alta 2.jpg
    alta 2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 4,040
  • alta 4.jpg
    alta 4.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 4,037
  • alta 5.jpg