Alta 12/11

Still no sign of Admin or the Alta Powder Posse. With the crowds that showed up today, it's easy to get lost in the crowd.

Got an early start today and arrived at the parking lot around 8 am. Put my skis in line at 8:15 and got geared up. The lifts started turning at around 9:25. Lots of bombing to do. The line at the kitty was quite long -- one of the longest I've seen in a while.

Temps in the low 20's with some winds. Chilly.

Headed towards piss pass and over to Greeley Hill area. Although the snow was Tahoe style, making turns down Greeley, I was again reminded why I go through the effort to ski (lodging/cars/transportation/planes) -- untracked pow makes you feel like you're 9 again. It's all worth it with one glorious run.

I knew I wanted to avoid the lines so I took Sunnyside to Sugarloaf. First run down Extrovert -- untracked, brilliant skiing. A bit on the heavy side (not blower) but a blast, creamy snow. Took a few more laps. Really good, but definitely more people than yesterday (Sat).

Took a look at Supreme around 10:30'ish. No dice. Took a few more laps. Got to Supreme at 11:00. Third chair!!! Took two glorious laps at which time the sun was coming out. Just awesome. Beautiful untracked. Supreme Bowl closed. After two laps the line was getting long. Word got out -- everyone headed to Supreme.

Headed over to Sugarloaf and rode up w/ ASP. Said Catherines probably wouldn't open today or Supreme Bowl. That was my queue to take a few more laps and look for some staches that were overseen. Given the crowds, even the unknown spots were pretty tracked.

Around 1 pm did some laps on West Rustler which was super creamy and relatively untracked (thanks wind)!

Got to the car around 1:45 and called it a day. Didn't want any red snake action.

Tomorrow should be a beauty. Play hooky Admin. Do it.

Attachments

• alta 7.jpg
    alta 7.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 3,211
  • alta 8.jpg
    alta 8.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 3,213
  • alta 9.jpg
    alta 9.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 3,201
  • alta 10.jpg
    alta 10.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 3,205
  • alta 11.jpg
    alta 11.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 3,117
  • alta 13.jpg
    alta 13.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 3,114
jojo_obrien":qo4cay9b said:
Still no sign of Admin or the Alta Powder Posse.
Admin was elsewhere this weekend.
Bobby D is currently out of state.
Dwore hasn't made his trip west yet.
Amy Z was there yesterday and I suspect today as well. Dunno about the Other Amy or Telejon.

hello Marc

i saw Telejon from a distance this am. (no friends on powder days)
Admin promised me he'd be there but never saw the recognizable beard.
where''s Matt F? looked for the signature beanie ;) saw nothing.

I got there by 12:15, never saw ya (report to follow later). I was skiing with AmyZ, Telejon and Tom. Skidog has some issues but should be out shortly this season. As mentioned, Bobby is out of town. No way in hell that I can get out today.

Back