Alta, UT 12/23/2016

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Day 12: Family skiing (just not my family).

My office closed at noon today, so I spent the afternoon up at Alta. With the off-piste somewhat stiff (although West Rustler was windswept and smooth), I spent most of my afternoon cruising groomers as the next storm moves in with mrgskier and his family, including his 81-year-old mother.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WlLTCKdt5k[/video]

AmyZ and Jtran were also there. Tonight's storm, which is predicted to leave 1-3 feet by Christmas Day, will be a wonderful refresher.

And seeing as how mrgskier now calls Sugarbush his home hill instead of Mad River Glen, maybe it's time to change that handle?

Admin":1me0rqzy said:
And seeing as how mrgskier now calls Sugarbush his home hill instead of Mad River Glen, maybe it's time to change that handle?
Wait.
What??
Oh, maybe he's just looking for more than 2 weeks of local skiing per season.

Marc_C":1puz5us7 said:
Oh, maybe he's just looking for more than 2 weeks of local skiing per season.
I have conducted such a historical exercise exercise for Mt. Baldy. I'm sure Mad River is better, but it would be interesting to know by how much.

Indeed, my new handle is snowbirdskir, as in snowbirdskir@gmail.com!

We had a wonderful time skiing with Marc and the gang. My mom was still glowing this morning as I dropped her off at the airport to return east to the other half of her family. Thank you Marc, for capturing a slice of joy!

Back