Eldora, CO 1-2-17

EMSC

Some quick laps for myself.

Got a brief chance to get away and ski some laps for myself. Everthing at eldora has been open for a couple weeks, but like most of Colo the holiday hordes had beaten the snowpack up quite a bit. So a fair bit of 'bones' to watch out for on best of the steeps. Mostly easily avoided, but you had to watch out a lot. It sort of helped and sort of didn't help that a 'heavy dusting' of new snow had fallen overnight.

I went straight for the backside alternating runs on the double diamonds and the groomers - mostly trying out the 3 new trails. I had one lap on the original groomer (Corona) at super G speed with near perfect snow. Definitely the run of the day for me. The new trails seem pretty good, though the snowmaking on Wolf (especially lower down) was done too wet. It's a scrapey hair raiser the last hundred yards.

The ski team was helping CU run FIS races (and also running today too) so I headed back to the front side for a couple laps to talk to some of the folks helping out. I left by 12:45 with roughly 12.5K of vert in about 3 hours.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Back