Snowbird Zip Line Proposal

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in the western US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Snowbird Zip Line Proposal

Postby Marc_C » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:01 am

-marc
Marc_C

Re: Snowbird Zip Line Proposal

Postby EMSC » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

As far as zip lines go, one of the better looking arrangements I've seen. Most US zip lines are either a single moderate distance line or several super short lines, neither of which is worth the price of admission IMHO. But a 3 legged 'course' with some long distances involved is much more interesting, to me at least...

Love the save our canyons folks whining about even something as simple as a zip line that is within the permit boundaries in that article. Definitely not interested in anything other than being anti-everything for no real purpose. I hate groups that think they should control the world by being loud and obnoxious instead of having anything intelligent to offer the world.
EMSC

Re: Snowbird Zip Line Proposal

Postby Marc_C » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:34 am

EMSC wrote:Love the save our canyons folks whining about even something as simple as a zip line that is within the permit boundaries in that article. Definitely not interested in anything other than being anti-everything for no real purpose. I hate groups that think they should control the world by being loud and obnoxious instead of having anything intelligent to offer the world.

Like so many organizations, it started with admirable goals and forced appropriate examination of proposals.....then devolved into an anti-any-development-at-all-costs obstructionist group with no thought of compromise. They're following the PETA model.
-marc
Marc_C

Return to Western North America