Revelstoke , BC Feb. 7 , 2017

Anthony

Quick report , Skied Revelstoke yesterday under clear conditions with chopped up powder and powder . Excellent conditions . Major storm on the way with over a foot of snow forecasted. Travel warnings to go into effect tonight and tomorrow. Also a avalanche has temporarily closed the Trans Canada in both directions on the BC/Alberta border.

I had heard that it was Route 3 at the border over Crowsnest Pass that was closed by avalanche...the Trans-Canada is too?

The globetrotting French skier Rodo just posted a Revelstoke TR with lots of pix on Zoneski -- interesting to see a different point of view. Also at the bottom of the report, check out the link to the Revelstoke discussion on the French forum Skipass.

Rodo is very perceptive. His view aligns with most of the locals. http://www.epicski.com/t/145782/revelst ... a-new-lift" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For visitors, I summarized my opinion on that thread:

The negatives posted by locals are accurate but that does not mean visitors should avoid Revy completely. The key takeaways for visitors IMHO based also several days of my own experience.
1) Avoid weekends with new snow.
2) Due to layout, competition and some other factors there are many western Canada areas that ski far better on a powder day. Castle, Red, Apex, Fernie and Whitewater come to mind.
3) On a BC road trip Revy is worth 1-3 days but not a whole week.

Back