Eldora, CO 2-26-17

EMSC

Surprisingly good.

After the roughly 2 week warm spell in Colo with hardly any snow Eldora had gotten ~9" in 2 days which sounded a bit iffy, but due to other commitments I just didn't have the time to drive all the way up to Winter Park which had gotten ~17" in two days. So my expectations were low, anticipating a lot of icy, but finding mostly packed powder conditions with just a few spots/sections of refrozen. Quite nice.

Crowds were moderate with lines, but only 2-5 min short ones and no giant parking lot of a shelf road to get up there this week. Though the lots eventually did pretty much fill. I suspect except powder days, the huge issues of crowds and parking are probably done for the year at Eldora.

Temps were chilly especially to start and quite breezy (which is nothing new for Eldora of course). It was just jr and I since the wife has a cold. We did multiple laps on Alpenhorn on the backside which seems to be his favorite trail on the backside. Overall a pretty short day since I had to head home on the early side to put in 3+ hours of work. But I really needed some skiing in the legs since I fly out to Canada Tuesday.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 3,984
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 3,977
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 3,981
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg