Park City Mountain, UT 2/28/2017

You haven't seen Snowbasin on a recent Little Cottonwood closure day, have you?

Funny thing. Last year during a nice dump when I was sure that LCC was going to be a madhouse I told a friend who lives in Sandy to go to Sundance, as it would probably be empty. He went, and skied pretty much alone in 3 feet of powder all day. Have to try that place some day.

kingslug":3cfwy0es said:
Funny thing. Last year during a nice dump when I was sure that LCC was going to be a madhouse I told a friend who lives in Sandy to go to Sundance, as it would probably be empty. He went, and skied pretty much alone in 3 feet of powder all day. Have to try that place some day.

It's a fun hill. When it's good, it's great. It's important to note the rain/snow line, however, as their elevation is quite low.

Admin":aithm2kj said:
All day closures are fortunately rare. But certain locals will wait out a 2 hour closure to get to their beloved Alta. I would take my chances with Snowbasin on a day like that

Tony Crocker":1tyxd6n7 said:
Admin":1tyxd6n7 said:
But certain locals will wait out a 2 hour closure to get to their beloved Alta.
95% of those 2 hr closures are for morning control work between 6a - 8a. Rarely are you arriving after 9a.
Sorry Tony, there's still a crap ton of stuff you just don't know about skiing in Utah.

admin":3hyktvhu said:
MarcC":3hyktvhu said:
95% of those 2 hr closures are for morning control work between 6a - 8a. Rarely are you arriving after 9a.

So perhaps the two Marcs could discuss between themselves how often the LCC road is closed long enough to impact Snowbasin.

Tony Crocker":24bcevf4 said:
admin":24bcevf4 said:
MarcC":24bcevf4 said:

So perhaps the two Marcs could discuss between themselves how often the LCC road is closed long enough to impact Snowbasin.

Sorry, I don't feel the need to. When the road has remained closed beyond the scheduled morning opening I've gone up there and seen the Strawberry line around the building and back up the groomer. And that was in previous seasons, not taking into account the notable increase in ski traffic in Utah this season.

Back