Your thoughts on Telluride?

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in the western US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Re: Your thoughts on Telluride?

Postby snowave » Tue May 01, 2018 8:06 am

I ended up getting the full blown Epic for next year. It was tough to pull the trigger on a $900 pass (plus the $550+ for Wolf Creek midweek), but my wife convinced me to do it. 7 days at T-ride and 7 days at C-butte..(haven't been there yet). is mainly what I got it for.. then 50% off if I use it more than that. Probably won't even make it up to the I-70 resorts, but if I do it would just be a bonus.

The t-card isn't quite the value it probably once was if it was ever 50% off... I think it's well over $100 now, and then just 20% off. As I mentioned in my original post, I too wish they would have stayed in the MC... that was the perfect pass for me this past year.

I'm not sure what to say about the owner of Telluride, I mean... he does sound like a douche, but I was pretty happy with the resort as a whole. However, as a first time visitor, I can understand the points you make, ChrisC. I'm not really sure what the future holds for the place with all the mega-passes that are becoming the norm. I understand the desire to boost visitation, but as you mentioned above, Telluride's location may be its best defense for keeping it relatively mellow regardless if it goes full- in or bought by Vail/Etc.
Sno..
snowave

Re: Your thoughts on Telluride?

Postby Tony Crocker » Tue May 01, 2018 1:29 pm

You should definitely make a trip to the I-70 resorts in April. Wolf, Telluride and CB are closed and the crowds that degrade I-70 mid-season are way down. With the altitude A-Basin and the upper third of Breck (where all the good terrain is) are normally still in full-on winter mode.
http://bestsnow.net
Ski Records
Season length: 21 months, Nov. 29, 2010 - July 2, 2012
Days in one year: 80 from Nov. 29, 2010 - Nov. 17, 2011
Season vertical: 1,610K in 2016-17
Season powder: 291K in 2011-12
Tony Crocker

Previous

Return to Western North America