Deer valley 1/19

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in the western US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Deer valley 1/19

Postby TRam » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Day 26
After 2 days in Jackson my legs are fatigued, but with 3 ft of snow and sunny skies I headed up with the wife. Kids are in Deer locals ski program Saturdays as well so it makes for a nice time. The weather was warmer as a warm front pushed through. The snow was a bit more setup up off piste then thur and Friday. Crushed Sultan lift a bunch and made a pass into mayflower which has all filled in real nicely. that bowl from the gate near top of Sultan feels like close to 2k ft vert
Skied some trees while the wife hit groomers and all was well. Ended up skiing front side groomers to finish off by 1 and man they where sweet.. I would say Deer Valley is now game on for skiing anything with confidence, including daly chutes, lady Morgan bowl and all trees, with a big storm brewing this week there should be great, for Sundance there is little crowds for the most part on the hill. Looking forward to them getting the FIS course ready for the World Champs in Feb.
If you don't still ski, then you never really did.
TRam

Return to Western North America