Revelstoke, BC 2/21/2020

tseeb

Left out that we were almost 25K at Sunshine. Skied the Dive once and Wild West twice. Both require beacon to open gate. I was using Tony Crocker’s wife gear which is same beacon Mustang uses.

Skied Revelstoke today. Not sure when I can post more. This post was started using pictures copied from iPhone texts to my IPad. We tried to take it easy at Revy today to save ourselves for Mustang and ended up over 20K from a little before 10 to about 1. Best snow using mostly gravity from Stoke to Sweet Spot. Tony C in there.

Attachments

• 5EB73789-38A9-4099-90C3-40386D52CB8E.jpeg
    5EB73789-38A9-4099-90C3-40386D52CB8E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7,961
The town and base of Revelstoke were fairly cool under a cloud layer in the early morning. Once up the gondola we were above the cloud.
IMG_5503.JPG

By midday that cloud had burned off completely and it was above freezing when we drove out of Revelstoke midday.

From the gondola we tried the new Stellar chair, which provides some beginner terrain high enough to ensure good snow conditions. Stellar also provides easier intermediate access to the Ripper chair, where we skied 3 groomers. When we returned to Stoke, there was a full maze and the lift was not moving, so we skied Pitch Black down to the gondola mid-station.

The world of skiing is a small one as we shared the gondola ride with Jokull Bergmann and two of his kids. JB and me:
IMG_5504.JPG

JB runs Arctic Heliskiing in Iceland, where Liz and I skied in 2015 and 2018. He was our guide on March 26, 2015. JB guided with Selkirk Tangiers in Revelstoke before going home to Iceland to start his own operation.

Stoke was fixed and its line cleaned out, so we first skied Separate Reality Bowl.
IMG_5509.JPG

From the next Stoke chair we took the gravity traverse to North Bowl and a short step-up.
IMG_5511.JPG

Tseeb is at the Sweet Spot entry.
IMG_5512.JPG

The traverse line in the background is reached from the Lemming Line bootpack. That’s usually worth the effort but we were conserving energy for Mustang.

Snow in Sweet Spot was outstanding.
IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5520.JPG

We returned to Stoke and then skied Snow Rodeo and lower Devil’s Club for Revelstoke’s full 5,600 vertical. View of town and the Columbia River about ¾ of the way down.
IMG_5524.JPG

Finally adding more pictures from our day at Revelstoke. First is the sign for the Sweet Spot
9127RevySweetSpot.JPG
Next is Tony Crocker on the entrance to the Sweet Spot
9134TonyCSweetSpot.JPG
Three grey Durango Hemis in the parking lot. Not sure if they were all rentals. Ours was the light grey one.
9149RevyWhichDurango.JPG
Bakery we stopped at on our way through town for under C$5 stuffed croissants that were excellent.
9150RevyBakery.JPG

Back