5 ways to improve Alta - Does not include dropping Ikon

tseeb

I think I’m OK with the first two. They did not add a headline for the third one which is Add a couple of rail boxes on Sunnyside. I don’t have a problem with that and like the next one, but I and I think many Alta regulars would not like the last one which is Allow Snowboarders on Wildcat only. Give them an inch and it would be the end of “Alta is for skiers.”

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/06/ ... -ski-area/

Edited to add the list:
1. Remove the East Baldy Traverse
2. Gaper Guard the Devil’s Castle
3. Add a couple rails/boxes on Sunnyside Alta
4. Reduce High-T braiding
5. Allow snowboarding on Wildcat only

Yes, I suppose most Alta locals would put dropping Ikon at the top of the list. It would not surprise me to see Alta move to Mountain Collective as a compromise measure.

I believe Alta's master plan includes a short lift from the east to top of Collins that would eliminate the EBT.

If the Utah Interconnect every happens, I believe snowboarders with an Interconnect ticket only should be allowed to use Sunnyside and Sugarloaf.

Snowboarders can take a run in Alta now if they hike Baldy to do it.

I don't really have a horse in the race as I only have a half dozen days lifetime at Alta. I love the place, but I don't like the boarder prohibition there, at MRG, or anywhere else. Just seems like a very elitist and un-American restriction. But what do I know:)

The High T would be the big problem for allowing snowboarders at Alta. Thus the article suggestion of Wildcat and my suggestion of Sunnyside/Sugarloaf.

Back