Winter Park/Mary Jane, CO 12/28/99

jkamien

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/29/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Arrived at the Corona parking lot at MJ with my 12 and 13 -year-old nephew and niece at about 10:00AM. Bright, sunshiny day, temps in the 30 degree or warmer range. What a pleasant day! The place was pretty empty, especially for the holiday week between xmas and New Years. <BR> <BR>My calf muscle is still hurting alot, and is now turning lovely technicolor shades of crimson, purple, red and yellow. However, with Josh Tower's advice that a gastrocnimius tear "doesn't really affect your skiing too much.", I decided to go for it, but take it easy. <BR> <BR>We skied all over Winter Park and did some runs on Mary Jane, too. We stayed away from too much bumps. Conditions were rather rocky, expecially among the moguls. Hidden rocks accounted for my having to take my skis for a tune. Diagnosis was a major stone grind and two base welds. <BR> <BR>So, conditions aren't bad, but much more traffic and I expect the areas will have to begin closing advanced terrain. <BR> <BR>Colorado needs a storm...

Back