Lake Louise, AB 1/13/00

Mark Renson

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/13/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Mark here, checking in live from Lake Louise. Nice skier packed conditions with some dust on top. Took Top of World Express for 1st run, went off of a small benign cornice into Sunset Gully for run #1, then went back over top into the Back Bowls. If ya' come here, don't waste your time in the front, go tp Back Bowls and Larch. Visibility was a bit flat at first under murky skies and temps in the single digits F. But things cleared and much good skiing was to be had especially in the Paradise Bowl. Found some nice snow, even some up to my boot top in the woods off of the Larch liftline. The Larch trail itself is a dreadful McTrail and was avoided - there were some slick spots on the heavily trafficked areas. But you could find fluff in the many nooks & crannies in the back bowls, especially in Paradise and in The Jewelry Box. NOTE: North Face Dining Room has a $4.95 all-you-can-eat buffet, excluding juice (where they really get ya' - order water instead). <BR>Tomorrow, I take the bus over Rogers Pass to Revelstoke for a week in the backcountry - today was just for acclimitization and a nice way to do it, eh.

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/14/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Mark, here, waiting for the Greyhound to take me over to Revelstoke. It's snowing lightly, but steadily with temps at around -20 C. About 2" fell at top - should be a nice day of skiing. I grabbed a bite at Laggan's Bakery - a MUST when you are in Lake Loo. Tomorrow, it's the Selkirk backcountry.

Back