Sun valley

The family (four of us) skied SV 1/27-2/2 this year and throughly enjoyed it. They don't get big dumps of snow (powder skiing limited)but if you like big fast upper intermediate cruising it's one of the best. Very good snowmaking and grooming and little if any lift lines. On mountain food (seattle ridge) very good and it is <BR>usually Sunny! The snow making is the best I,ve seen and it seldow rains in the winter!

A group of 10 of my friends (including myself) hit Sun Valley over President's week. They'd only had ~100" to date for the season, so there was definitely a lot of unskiable off-piste terrain. The bowls were a bit rough, and there was really no back country worth the hike. However, the groomers there were the best I've ever skied. I've heard from several sources that SV has the best snow making in the world. I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with it's desert climate and the resulting powdery faux white stuff that is created. Food was great (worth the price)and the staff at the mountain facilites were very friendly and helpful. They could have used more natural pow, but it was a great mountain if you have to stick to the trails.

Back