Deer Valet 4/1, Solitude 4/3, Alta 4/4, Brighton 4/5&6,

A

Anonymous

The weather in Utah was depressig when we arrived in Park City 3/31. No snow on the ground in town and shiny slopes with dirt showing at Park City. <BR> <BR>Headed to Deer Valet on 4/1 to ski groomers. managed to score a 40 dollar lift ticket from someone not skiing that day. Deer Valet creeps me out: all that fur, expensive ski togs, no snowboarders and 4/1 was no exception. No I don't need anyone to carry my skis, how about lowering the lift ticket price from 63 bucks instead? The sun warmed up the hard pack enough to do some slush skiing in the bowls. Lots of fun spraying slush in the bumps and trees. <BR> <BR>4/2 rain and high winds, making only the high elevations skiable, but risked lift closures. <BR> <BR>4/3 Solitude delivered the goods about a foot of fresh snow. My first time at Solitude and it was great. Lots of powder snow, gnarly lines, good lift system, nice day lodge and an ultra modern electronic lift ticket and turnstile system. All this for 38 bucks. <BR> <BR>4/4 Alta more fresh snow about a foot and a half and still snowing. Ahh Alta. Widely spaced trees, slow lifts, chutes, deep snow and lot of fun. <BR> <BR>Brighton was full of deep powder on 4/5 &6. The un on 4/5 corned the bowls off of the Millicent chair, but it snowed again over night. Lots of tree skiing. <BR> <BR>4/7 was a wild snow storm and i headed to Park City in 35-40 MPH winds. Forget Jupiter that day. I had fun off of the Silverload six pack in 2 feet of driving snow.

Back