Going to panorama

eastrider

I have a few questions... does the taynton bowls gat tracked out easily??? and is it worth going out of bounds into the woods to score some powder stashes... are they dense? any danger of tree wells? <BR> <BR>thanks for your time, <BR>Alex

Eastrider, it should be interesting to hear any comments from those who have visited Panorama more recently than I have. For me, it must be a good 5 years now, when Taynton Bowl was on the plans but not yet in-bounds. <BR> <BR> <BR>That said, I have a hard time imagining anything at Panorama tracking out quickly. Local population is minimal, but so are the beds, so you end up with this gigantic mountain with no one on it. It's like Intrawest's forgotten stepchild. We did some OB exploring, and it's a huge place to explore. With a vertical drop of 4,000 feet, as you can probably imagine, the woods run the gamut. Be aware, though, that historically speaking, Panorama is really lean in the natural snowfall department. <BR> <BR> <BR>Finally, strongly consider a side trip up to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort in nearby Golden for a day.

Im certainly heading up to kicking horse for a day... no trip to the rockies would be complete without checking out golden... I can't wait!

Take your time about going to either of these places this year. Western Canada had very little snow in November. Panorama only averages 215 inches at the top anyway, so if you want to ski Taynton Bowl, don't go any earlier than February.

Back