Kicking Horse conditions?

A

Anonymous

I'm planning on heading to Kicking Horse this Saturday. If anyone out there is heading up before the weekend, could you please post your comments on the snow conditions. <BR> <BR>I was there Jan 4th and the top was awsome, but the middle and bottom of the hill were hurting. I know they've seen a little snow over the last few weeks. How much have things improved on the mid to lower runs? <BR> <BR>Thanks

Here's my update: I was up at Kicking Horse on Saturday (Jan 25th). Even though the light was flat all day (we went from cloudy, to foggy, to snowing, etc), I must say that the snow is pretty good there, even better then on Jan 4th. The snow on the lower third of the mountain is slightly better, but is still nothing to brag about. There's just enough to get you back to the lodge and parking lot. Caution is advised if you care about your skis. The middle third of the mountain has greatly improved. There are several runs here that you can enjoy without worrying too much about your skis. The upper third of the mountain is still awesome. There's lots of powder to be found among the trees. It offers the best skiing I've seen this year. I'll probably be back next weekend.

Back