Current Utah Conditions

A

Anonymous

We would like to ski in early March in Utah. What are the current conditions? We are looking for powder!

Hi. I would love to know who has got the best snow right now in Park City. I will be there from 2/20 - 2/24. <BR> <BR>Thanks

With Utah still at only about 2/3 of normal season snow, the wisest choice is to stick to the Cottonwood Canyon ski areas, especially if you're interested in steep terrain. <BR> <BR>A significant fraction of expert terrain at The Canyons is still not open. Within the Park City group Deer Valley genrally has the best surface conditions due to north exposure and meticulous grooming. <BR> <BR>But I would still do most of the skiing at Alta/Snowbird and Brighton/Solitude. Overall conditions are probably better right now than that 2/3 snow figure would imply. January was the dry month and there was a 2-4 foot dump at the beginning of February.

Im in Park City now. We just got nine inches. Today was very good, but windy with visibility problems. Tomorrow should be great!

I skied Deer Valley during a snow storm on 2/22 & the Canyons on 2/23 -24. Conditions in Park City are much improved. And I loved the Canyons- which I feel is underrated. The snow at the Canyons was great.

Back