Sunshine village in april

msimone

i have an opportunity to hit sunshine village later in april and i'm wondering what kind of snow conditions to expect. i'm aware that it's one of the highest peak elevations in the west and therefore has a longer season, but do they still get decent snow this late in the year? <BR>anyone frequent there with first hand experience? <BR>thanks for any info. <BR> <BR>-mark

I ride there EVERY year right up to May 24th.. <BR>great spring skiing with the usualy rox, and if it's nice out LONG lift line, and the gondola.. <BR>but there will be snow till the end of may

The main peak at Sunshine is cold and high and preserves snow very well in spring. Be prepared clothing wise for winter weather by U.S. standards in April. Also try to get your hands on a transceiver and shovel for Delirium Dive, which has great steep north facing terrain. <BR> <BR>Goat's Eye is warmer and faces SW, so it will clearly lose its snow earlier in spring, particularly in a below average year like this one.

Yeah sunshine keeps snow till late in the spring, but it needs to have snow to keep in the first place. Base is a pathetic 180cm and melting. I remember about 280cm this time last year.

Back