Photo gallery: Utah's September snowstorm

Frost on the car window this morning, and now pictures from Utah's first snow storm, it's going to be a great season =D>
I can't wait to make my trip back to Utah this winter, first time since 2002! \:D/

another storm is forecast to impact the region Sunday into Monday with more valley rain and mountain snow
Might that one add enough to establish a base for the season?

Were any streaks saved yesterday?

Saved. I don't know about that. I think I knew all along.

Flower on skin tracks.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 3,839
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 3,838
Windy and blustery day up there. Fun for playing in the snow.

Attachments

• _MG_2561.jpg
    _MG_2561.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,843
  • _MG_2568.jpg
    _MG_2568.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 3,834
  • _MG_2573.jpg
    _MG_2573.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 3,832
  • _MG_2589.jpg
    _MG_2589.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 3,839
  • _MG_2601.jpg
    _MG_2601.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3,841
nice pic of baldy looks like something out of an historical book . time too start thinking about a new season probably going for ahike this afternoon hoped to ski but the storm hasn't progressed enough . need just abit more snow to be worth while.

With these thunderstorms rolling through this morning bring a 1-iron for a lightning rod! As it was I think Lee Trevino who said, "Even God can't hit a 1-iron."

Feeling good. All this snow's giving me a big old smile!

Attachments

• alta.jpg
    alta.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 3,840
tomorrow morning will be pretty good . went for ashort hike up to watsons this afternoon. salidda skied up to me just below mid station & hiked back up to watsons with me . hung out there for a bit and he skied down to g.m.d. . snowing of varying intensity but never stopped . the cold front haden't gone through then so the snow that was coming down was perfect cream eight inches new at watsons with a tidy little base underneath from thursday. meadow skipping should be sweat in the morning. with it predicted to snow all night.

just got off the phone with craig and his september was saved at the same spot that has saved his last 3 septembers. the sod pile slope next to the rustler lodge. 9 laps of 28 craig turns each is what he can fit in on that slope. he's anticipating some good skiing tomorrow and will be up there somewhere.

enjoy

rog

Tony Crocker":1brag3lv said:
just got off the phone with craig and his september was saved
How long is Craig's streak?

230 something months in a row now. all in utah. most years he gets most of his summery months in pipeline bowl or timp.
brighton often serves up his september turns..

i may take 9 days off from the 10th-19th of november. if utah has some sort of base by then, i may head there and do 1/2 moab mtb and half ski. if skiing is good, i may just ski. i'd be happy lapping pre season solitude vertigo area till i'm blue in the face. as long as it's untracked of course. 8)

rog

Shredded off the shoulder early this morning before the sun could get to the snow. It was really really good. Nice solid base with about 8-10 inches of fresh wet snow on top. Made for great early season skiing. It'll be a disaster the minute the sun hits the snow though.

Carpe Skiem!

Back