Russell girls take up snowboarding @ Mt Bachelor

schubwa

I'm teaching my girlfriend Sally and her daughters Sophie and Isabelle how to ride. I gave them a lesson or two last weekend and since then they've practiced a few more days. Yesterday, when I shot these pictures, it was their fourth day. They're all experienced skiers but they all have wanted to learn to snowboard to find out what all the commotion is about. I've always felt Mt Bachelor is number one a great place to snowboard rather than ski. Much more interesting to ride here than ski IMHO.

DSC06255.jpg

You're looking up lower Avalanche (turns into Marshmallow) and the lower slopes of the Summit Chair. We had rain pack, not altogether unpleasant, with surprisingly mild temperatures. I'm riding a twin mounted switch, so I can practice going to my weak side. I figure it'll help me when I kiteboard and riding switch stance when I surf.

DSC06256-1.jpg

Here is Sophie and Isabelle Russenberger and their mom Sally Russell learning to ride. It is really easy to snowboard. It's about like learning to lie on the couch. But it is more fun than just about anything so there is no reason not to learn!

DSC06250.jpg

Sally strapping in to her new Burton Society reverse camber twin. It's super forgiving and looks cool to boot. Isabelle is 11 and will be a ruler in no time.

DSC06245.jpg

The wet and wild PNW. Our base is now welded into place with snow starting tonight. I see the Summit Chair and NW Express opening up towards next weekend which is looking to have nice weather after Christmas day.

DSC06241.jpg

Isabelle and Sophie are lucky to live in such a neat place.

Back