Deer Valley, Feb 8, 2010

jkamien

Arrived from Newark NJ at SLC a bit earlier than scheduled and grabbed my bag in short order. Thanks to the Quickstart promotion, my friend Chris and I headed to Deer Valley to take advantage of free skiing at a pricey place. We had our butts on the the Silver Lake at noon, which I was pretty happy with, given that I had woken up on the other side of the country that morning. Sterling Express took us to the top of Bald mountain shortly thereafter.

Snow was old, although some 5" or powder was to be had in tighter spaces and overlooked nooks and crannys. We skies 2 laps on Wasatch Express, mostly in the trees to the skier's right of the lift. We moved one lift over and lapped Sultan a couple of times, again sticking to tighter tree lines, looking, and finding sometimes, the softer snow. We then worked our way over to the northside of the mountain.

This was only my second ski day of this season, so while Chris, who has been rippin it at Mad River Glen back home in Vermont was tearing through tight lines, I was skiing apprehensively. That got a little better as time went on.

The highlight of our day came off Lady Morgan Express. We played in the Centennial trees around the rope line - amazing how much snow exists just on the other side of the rope ;-). Chris' personal highlight was when he dropped this cliffline under the Lady Morgan chair.

Attachments

• DV_Chris.jpg
    DV_Chris.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 2,485
Back