Spring Storm 38" in Da U.P.

mikesathome

Although all lower(and upper) Michigan Ski areas are closed for the season, the "expert only" mount Bohemia in upper Michigan has opened up after this massive Midwestern dump of almost 4 feet! I might be making the drive this weekend and I will post pictures if I do.

This is also good news for all the snowmobiles, they had a really late start this year so this will give them a little more time to ride those 10,000 dollar sleds

:D

mikesathome":stmehpr0 said:
Although all lower(and upper) Michigan Ski areas are closed for the season, the "expert only" mount Bohemia in upper Michigan has opened up after this massive Midwestern dump of almost 4 feet! I might be making the drive this weekend and I will post pictures if I do.

This is also good news for all the snowmobiles, they had a really late start this year so this will give them a little more time to ride those 10,000 dollar sleds

:D

Everybody is getting some!

This is exciting!!

I am so glad to see that the midwest is getting their due too. And props to Bohemia for opening to take advantage.

This is the best April I can ever remember in the east.

I'm very interested in a Bohemia report. I keep telling myself I need to get up there, but it would be a min 11 hour drive. It's kinda difficult to swallow when I can make it to Denver in 18.

It's too bad it got really warm in mid to late march or this April snow might have let some of the resorts in northern lower MI remain open. I probably would have made a trip up.

I was not able to talk anyone into going to Bohemia, and I was not willing to do the 10 hour drive my self. They are closed for the season now :(
I packed the ski gear up, and started to tune the Mt Bikes.

I feel your pain Dank, Its hard for me to drive 10hours to Bohemia when I can be at killington in 13hours. I have to try Bohemia, but only when I know the snow pack is really really good. I think it would be fun to stay close to Bohemia and ride snowmobiles to the resort for a day of skiing.

Back