Perfect North, IN 12/3/99 (Opening Day)

Eric

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/3/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>After four consecutive nights of good snowmaking weather earlier in the week, they opened today at noon. I got there at about 2:30, took a look at the snow, and purchased my ticket. <BR> <BR>I was very impressed with the conditions considering that the temperature this afternoon was 62. The snow report appeared to be very accurate and it did appear that the base was about 1-1 1/2 feet on the open trails. There was a total of 7 runs that were open along with 3 chairlifts serving them. Three of the runs were from the top, while the other four were real short. The three runs from the top were intermediates. <BR> <BR>The conditions were very good for this area considering the weather. There was soft snow on top of a base that was firm, but not icy. The conditions were not very wet and there was no slush. The trails that were open were well covered, but some of the were narrower than normal. One of the intermediates only had coverage that was very narrow and had developed some small bumps, and should probably be classified as advanced. <BR> <BR>I would forsee the conditions holding up through the weekend as long as there is not too much traffic. Unless there is some more cold weather though, I don't forsee the conditions holding up through next week <BR> <BR>I skied for about three hours this afternoon and had a good first day and a nice warm up for my ski trip later in the month.

Back