Brighton 2-24-08

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in midwestern US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Brighton 2-24-08

Postby mikesathome » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Sunny skies and 38* made for some good spring skiing at Mt Brighton.
3 chairs running, about 80% of the area open.
Had part of the challenge open, off the side of the yellow lift, fun steep run.

Snow is predicted to fall tonight and Tuesday. We might see 2-6" of new snow. 40's and snow/rain by next Sunday.
Our days are almost over in South Eastern Michigan, so get out and enjoy these last few weeks!!
For me, skiing is a physical necessity. I have a need for risk.
Jean-Marie Messier

Find me @ http://www.thestreetpost.com
mikesathome

Location: Subs of Detroit Michigan. Avatar: 'The Wall' Kirkwood CA

re: Brighton 2-24-08

Postby dank » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:59 am

We are actually forecasted to get 6-12" in Toledo. Too bad we are flat enough to see the curvature of the earth around here and our landfills aren't tall enough to convert into ski hills. Anyway, i hope this isn't the biggest snowfall i see for the rest of the season. It would be a little bit let down to get a big storm here in the Midwest as I leave for Summit County on Friday and not get one out there. But I would take any conditions out there over perfect conditions here any day of the week.

Mike - if i remember correctly you are heading out there about the same time I am, let's hope we get some good weather.
dank

Postby mikesathome » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:41 am

We picked up about 4" around metro airport, my friend in Brighton said about 4"-5" on the ground out there.

I hope by Friday they get that air port cleaned up to get you out of there Dank!

I fly out Saturday March 8th for 6nights in Summit CO.

Dank, I recall you saying it snows after you leave from your out west trips, is your last day March 7th :lol: HAHA

Looks like Summit CO has had a few little fresh-up's of snow the past week, and like you said anything out there is better then the best day around here.

Have a good trip, and pass along some reports if you have time.
For me, skiing is a physical necessity. I have a need for risk.
Jean-Marie Messier

Find me @ http://www.thestreetpost.com
mikesathome

Location: Subs of Detroit Michigan. Avatar: 'The Wall' Kirkwood CA

Postby dank » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:52 am

Yeah my last day is the 7th, and the storm always seems to hit the week after. I'm not taking my laptop, but i think my brother is, so i'll try and get something up midweek.
dank

Return to Midwestern North America