Brighton 2-24-08

mikesathome

Sunny skies and 38* made for some good spring skiing at Mt Brighton.
3 chairs running, about 80% of the area open.
Had part of the challenge open, off the side of the yellow lift, fun steep run.

Snow is predicted to fall tonight and Tuesday. We might see 2-6" of new snow. 40's and snow/rain by next Sunday.
Our days are almost over in South Eastern Michigan, so get out and enjoy these last few weeks!!

We are actually forecasted to get 6-12" in Toledo. Too bad we are flat enough to see the curvature of the earth around here and our landfills aren't tall enough to convert into ski hills. Anyway, i hope this isn't the biggest snowfall i see for the rest of the season. It would be a little bit let down to get a big storm here in the Midwest as I leave for Summit County on Friday and not get one out there. But I would take any conditions out there over perfect conditions here any day of the week.

Mike - if i remember correctly you are heading out there about the same time I am, let's hope we get some good weather.

We picked up about 4" around metro airport, my friend in Brighton said about 4"-5" on the ground out there.

I hope by Friday they get that air port cleaned up to get you out of there Dank!

I fly out Saturday March 8th for 6nights in Summit CO.

Dank, I recall you saying it snows after you leave from your out west trips, is your last day March 7th :lol: HAHA

Looks like Summit CO has had a few little fresh-up's of snow the past week, and like you said anything out there is better then the best day around here.

Have a good trip, and pass along some reports if you have time.

Yeah my last day is the 7th, and the storm always seems to hit the week after. I'm not taking my laptop, but i think my brother is, so i'll try and get something up midweek.

Back