Bohemia Bus Trip from SE Michigan

dank

I was on Mt. Bohemia's web site last week and saw a notice about bus trips from SE Michigan. There was a contact email so I sent a request for info and here is what i got back.

Mount Bohemia in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is a haven for advanced skiers, with over 280 inches of snow and nearly 1000’ vertical, it far out weighs any other Midwest resort in terrain and conditions. Bohemia can be compared to out west skiing because of its challenging terrain, steep, continuous pitch, and powder producing microclimate.
But Mount Bohemia is less than 10 hours from Detroit, much closer than the comparable conditions of the west! We offer comfortable coach tours from Detroit and Lansing, with trailside accommodations, for ski in-ski out convenience! So leave the driving to us and you’ll be fresh for the slopes, and fresh at work on Monday too!
-Luxury coach to and from Detroit, Brighton, or Lansing
-Lift Tickets for Saturday and Sunday
-Slopeside Accommodations with all amenities included
-Cookouts on mountain Saturday and Sunday
Package #1: bus, lift tix*, on-mountain yurt(multiple occupancy), cookouts $239
Package #2: bus, lift tix*, deluxe hotel room(multiple occupancy), cookouts $269
Package #3: bus, lift tix*, deluxe hotel room(single or double occupancy), cookouts $299
*less $50 for season passholders
Go to http://bohemiabus.com to register
or call 231-288-6788 for questions!

Sounds like it could be a pretty good deal. Though, the website doesn't have anything on it. I'm a little concerned about reliability of this operation if they don't get enough people. Also, since they don't make their own snow up there, will they have enough to cover all the rocky terrain by early January?

That's a good deal, I am a little surprised they didn't advertise this more during the warren miller show in A2 this year.
Bohemia had about a 10 min video (the one they send in the mail if you are on their list) before the start of the movie.

As for snow, it's all about the lake effect and where the good bands go.

The most reliable weather forecasting w/ history for that area can be found at http://www.johndee.com/ John is right in Bohemias back yard, and is a avid snowmobile rider (you know they watch the snow as much as skiers)

I would love to see a TR from Bohemia, I have never been there.

I always wanted to rent these little cabins about 2 miles from there, right on the snowmobile trial. I wanted to rent some sleds, strap the boards to our backs and ride over to the hill for the day and maybe hit the trails that night.

The area is beautiful up there, I have been up there in the summer months.

Couldn't make this last trip, but according to Bohemia's website they are doing it again Jan30 - Feb1. I wanted to, just couldn't swing it, maybe this next one.

Back