Mt Brighton 12-21-08

mikesathome

I never check the ski area web site before I go, but i sure should have. mt Brighton was unable to run lifts due to high winds. :x
I know they have run them before in high winds like today, but maybe they are more careful now-a-days.
Alpine, Holly, Knob we all running lifts today #-o
So I went shopping, got some new gear.
Then we headed over to Hines Park and earned some turns on the few sled hills in the area.

As the old Michigan license plates use to say, is sure is a "Winter Wonder Land" out there!

mikesathome":3tiuttpu said:
I never check the ski area web site before I go, but i sure should have. mt Brighton was unable to run lifts due to high winds. :x
I know they have run them before in high winds like today, but maybe they are more careful now-a-days.
Alpine, Holly, Knob we all running lifts today #-o
So I went shopping, got some new gear.
Then we headed over to Hines Park and earned some turns on the few sled hills in the area.

As the old Michigan license plates use to say, is sure is a "Winter Wonder Land" out there!

Alpine,Holly, and Pine Knob all have at least a few trees to help stop the wind.

Wow, a wind closing in Michigan. I don't think i've heard that before, though i'm sure it happens occasionally. I would have been a little ticked if i had shown up and they were closed. Good to know though, thanks for the info.

Back