Non-Skiing...XC MTB Video

mikesathome

Hooked up my new Contour 1080p camera under my seat for a rather interesting view
Potawatomi Trail "potO" is a Local trail near Ann Arbor Michigan, with a nice lake to dip in after a hot ride.

http://vimeo.com/14140636

whats the trick to embed the Vimeo video?

At least a bit of 'jello effect' at times on that camera (esp toward the end of the clip). And way more foliage than I have to deal with out this way. How are the sight lines when you are riding? Enough to see comfortably ahead for others and trail direction changes at speed, etc...? Definitely a different style of mtb trail than out west.

Yes that dang Jello effect, partly of it was the vibration from the trail/new tires and partly on the camera. Site lines are pretty bad this year, very wet spring and super hot summer everything is growing like mad (great fall harvest coming)

On this trail, Hikers walk in the opposite direction then the bikes, and for the most part with such poor site lines they are very careful to be caught in a blind spot. Hikers and bikers have a pretty good relationship out here, lots of trail work done together has helped. as for the horse people, that is a whole other story :dead horse:

I pretty much ride the same 4 trails locally, so I try to learn them in sections to keep the surprises down.

Yes a very big difference than ride'n in the west, one thing I didn't like about ride'n in Tucson, AZ (not quite Colorado) this year was just how dusty and sandy the trails were. We have a bit of sand here in Michigan, but its never more than maybe 5% of the total trail. I swear Tucson, AZ felt like rocks and sand were like 85% of the trail.
A few pictures from Tucson, AZ
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14181&id=100000358040657&l=9a9fa979da

Looks like a sweet ride through the cacti.

If you think that's rocky.....they aren't called the Rockies out here for nothin' As for sand, some trails have some and others don't though many trails out here can feel very sandy in a super hot & dry summer (which we haven't had in several years now fortunately). I guess basically every year is probably a super hot & dry year in Tucson though.

I'm not really getting any biking in this year with a baby in the house (a couple rides in spring but lately none). Instead hiking him in a backpack and then next year probably be forced to stick to the flatter cinder paths with him in a bike trailer. Oh well, as long as I get to stay in some kind of shape for the moment until he's a bit older...

Yes Tucson was fun, I would ride it again if I get sent there for work. I will ride the Rockies one of these summers

We just got a bike trailer, and shes a little nervous of it (11.5months) but we are slowly getting her use to it.

EMSC":2s0fj3w5 said:
Instead hiking him in a backpack and then next year probably be forced to stick to the flatter cinder paths with him in a bike trailer.
mikesathome":2s0fj3w5 said:
We just got a bike trailer, and she's a little nervous of it (11.5months)
In my experience the backpack worked fine to somewhere past 2 years old. In particular a hike from Glacier Point to Yosemite Valley (in rain, just missed a hailstorm but had about a mile with hail on the ground) when Adam was 2 years 5 months old.

Without any doubt it's brave to capture the vedio like this. May be it's necessary to take risk- but nothing is important than life. So it's needed to be careful enough. The vedio was really amazing.... [-X

Back