FYI - our website on snowriding in the Himalayas

Powdercat

Dear All

Greetings from Down Under. Its many years since I first traveled overseas to ski ? to one of my all time favourite places ? St Anton am Arlberg.

Since then I've travelled a lot to winter resorts all around the world before finally visiting the Himalayas - several times - today we launched our website "www.skihimalaya.com" which centres on the region's first major alpine resort - Gulmarg in Kashmir.

The site has everything you need to know including Q&A on safety aspects. By the way, Gulmarg has a lifted-vertical-drop which is bigger than St Anton in Austria, Las Lenas in Argentina or Jackson Hole in USA.

If you're thinking of riding anywhere in the world next winter, I can thoroughly recommend joining us in the Himalayas. Especially if you like the steeps on offer at places like St Anton, Las Lenas or Jackson Hole. We really are keen to get an internationally diverse bunch of keen riders at Gulmarg this coming winter, for the inaugural snow season of the finished gondola!

With no material number of local riders (yet), riding in Gulmarg in 2006 is the nearest any of us are ever to an in-bound resort equivalent of heliskiing - unlimited untracked on offer!

Kind regards to all,
Powdercat

http://WWW.SKIHIMALAYA.COM

Back