Skiing and Snowboarding in Gulmarg, Himalayas

Cole024

Hi All,

From last few years I heard a lot about Skiing in Gulmarg Kashmir and I always wanted to ski there, since I heard about Gulmarg. Last year around August we planned to go for our ski holidays to Gulmarg and we started getting information about the resort. We came across this website http://www.gulmargbackcountry.com and the information given was good, we contacted them and few other operators for our ski holidays. We got a very nice deal for our trip and the plus point was we also manged to add two Heli days as well on a very good price as they are the operators for Heliski as well and the best part is that they provide you free Helicopter rescue in case of emergency to their clients provided you book a Heliski day.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoewIaUZdqI[/youtube]
Nasee the local guy who was responding to our emails was very nice and friendly, with each information about Gulmarg. He gave us a pretty deal of 250 Euros per day ( Me and my Boyfriend) which included accommodation with all meals,complete lift passes , an exclusive guide and all ground transfers which includes tree skiing to local village, After we booked we managed to get two more friends with us and we reached Gulmarg on 05 February 2013 and HOLY SHIT, It was crazy drive from Tangmarg, a small village at the base of resort to Gulmarg, Lots of powder everywhere, I had never seen such kind of snow ever in my life.
We checked in our Lodge and it was cosy and warm, That evening we came to know Heliski in not operational due to some military issues ( As Gulmarg is on border between India and Pakistan) so I was sad but we met our Guide Ali and planned for the next day.
Next day we got ready and skied down to Gondola ski lift, which was located at a 5 minutes walk from our Lodge. The first was some easy skiing with Ali and then each day was an incredible experience, Luckily Heliski started working from 12 February and we managed to go Heli on 16 February and it drove us nuts.... HELI IN HIMALAYAS in a life changing experience...

Will visit Gulmarg soon in coming years, It is really a POWDER PARADISE

Thanks All
Aaliya

Back