Arlberg Article

jamesdeluxe

Administrator
Was just reading Tony's Arlberg guide.
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/2014/1 ... n-austria/

Was curious about your general read of the ambiance in Lech. Although there were plenty of people in furs who were clearly not there to ski, I was surprised by how unsnooty it felt given the general wealth. Maybe I would have felt differently if we were going out for meals every night and mingling with the 1% instead of dining at our hotel with the other middle-class guests.

Did you visit the on-mountain Kästle museum (I think it's at the top of Rüfikopf)?

There were a couple classic runs at Lech that you missed -- I'll cover them later. 8)

The combination of the Piste-to-Powder logistics and my having a cold that week meant I saw very little of the town of Lech. I never even had a lunch there (I had 2 in Zurs). The only time I had the energy to look around a bit was after Friday skiing. I chose to check out the Strolz store because I was curious about their custom made boots.

Did you visit the on-mountain Kästle museum (I think it's at the top of Rüfikopf)?
I was unaware of that. There was a ski museum in St. Anton, open 3-10PM. I planned to go there Friday afternoon, only to find it closed for a private event.

Richard had 3 ski days on his own in Lech, but he didn't get out any more than I did. Neither one of us had much desire to leave the Sandhof once we got back there after skiing.

Back