Alps Conditions: 2015-16

Met a guy a few days ago from northern Italy near the Swiss border. He said it's horrendous.

Not sure exactly where they were going but my friends cancelled their trip over New Year. Only 6/40km open at the mountain nearest them and brown patches appearing by the day.

Although colder the last couple of days we have been in the 10-15 degrees C range over the last week or so In the east of Scotland. One morning at 6am it was warmer than many mornings in July!

All the while its piling up at Disco :-D

Tony Crocker":u1icbz3p said:
last year was similarly bad in many places but it turned around by the late January time frame that James and I often target.
Roger that per Weather To Ski: available weather models are in broad agreement that a change in the weather pattern is imminent, and that most parts of the Alps are likely to see some useful snowfalls early in the New Year.

I can confirm that there will be significant snow across the north-western half of the Alps in the next 7 days, especially early next week, with the high French resorts most in the firing line (e.g. L'Espace Killy, 3 Valleys, Paradiski). However the further south and east you are, the more you will miss the action with the Dolomites seeing very little for the time being...

Weathertoski":bn2ae4xx said:
I can confirm that there will be significant snow across the north-western half of the Alps in the next 7 days, especially early next week, with the high French resorts most in the firing line (e.g. L'Espace Killy, 3 Valleys, Paradiski).
Hopefully, the storms will track a few kms to the northwest and hit Les Contamines, Espace Diamant, and La Clusaz. [-o<

jamesdeluxe":2hc6o3u0 said:
Weathertoski":2hc6o3u0 said:
I can confirm that there will be significant snow across the north-western half of the Alps in the next 7 days, especially early next week, with the high French resorts most in the firing line (e.g. L'Espace Killy, 3 Valleys, Paradiski).
Hopefully, the storms will track a few kms to the northwest and hit Les Contamines, Espace Diamant, and La Clusaz. [-o<
These resorts will see plenty of snow at altitude in the next week but also some rain at times low down...

Back